Trying to code a Twitch bot

Trying to code a bot for a project, having trouble connecting to the irc server over ssl or port 6697. However, I can connect fine over port 6667?
Here is the rough code, I think its based on some outdated methods. I’m still trying to do more research and figure it all out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wVflvz7M7OC3QDsPtabVYwNDN0A5KMCp?usp=sharing
I appreciate any help!

Edit:
Should have mentioned this is in python and errors only when using port 6697 here,
readbuffer = str(s.recv(1024))
ConnectionAbortedError: [WinError 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
causing me to believe it could be an error in the way its written

SSL connectvitiy problems could be a number of things.

• Is the clock on your server/machine accurate
  • is the firewall open outbound for that port

Are the usual suspects

My systems clock is accurate, made sure to double check this is I have decent it background, and tried disabling firewalls completely. Both to no avail.

I’m not super familiar with Python, but I don’t think socket handles TLS for you and you need to wrap the socket.

I learned this last night, I’m currently trying to use the library to figure it out and get the connection to work! Thanks for the response I appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.