Starting on August 12, 2019, we will begin implementing scheduled outage windows of v3 endpoints over several weeks ending with a complete shutdown of v3 endpoints on September 12, 2019. If you do not take action to migrate your application to v5 of the API, your application will experience outages during this time and will break on September 12. The expected scheduled outage windows are as follows:
- August 12 – 15 minute shutdown starting at 11:00am Pacific
- August 15 – 1 hour shutdown starting at 11:00am Pacific
- August 21 – 6 hour shutdown starting at 11:00am Pacific
- August 22 – 24 hour shutdown starting at 11:00am Pacific
- September 5 – 24 hour shutdown starting at 11:00am Pacific
- September 12 – Permanent shutdown starting at 11:00am Pacific
We have prepared a migration guide to assist you with updates to v5. We have also created a dedicated category on the Twitch Developer forums for migration questions. And as always, you can talk directly with other members of the community on the TwitchDev Discord server.
Thank you for being a valued member of the Twitch Developer community. This change is part of our continued effort to improve developer products which enable creators like yourself to deliver the interactive experiences that make Twitch what it is today.