Twitch < iframe > player

Hi !
I have ran into an issue that I seem not to find a workaround to.
I am developing a webapp where Twitch.TV streams are embedded into, and when the user selects a stream the player opens up and is in window.innerHeight & window.innerWidth and thats when I run into some issues. I need a overlay on top of the iframe, but when I render what ever divs on top and add z- index, position attributed etc, the twitch iframe always pops in front. I mean I can see my parent DIV for a second, but soon as the stream starts playing it’s gone.

Does anyone have anyideas how can i render a overlay on top of the twitch player iframe ?

<div id="holder" style="position: relative">
     <iframe />
     <div id="overlay" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; z-index: 9001;">My overlay</div>
</div>

Yea, that seems to work. Now when I look at it, I’m like DUUUH…! I think its enough coding for me today.
Thanks alot

Any idea how to forse the automute off ? adding <iframe muted="false"></iframe> and <iframe src="streamURL&muted=false"><iframe> seem to not work time to time.
I’ve read that its to do something with chrome, but would like to enable audio when stream is initiated.

You don’t

All browsers prevent autoplay unless you are muted, unless your website has a “good activity score” by the user before hand.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.