- I make my bot join my room.
- I type “test” as my account in my room.
- The bot sees this as a “PRIVMSG”, as expected. 100% working and logical so far.
- Now I enable slow mode in the chat room. It says “blabla enabled 120-second slow mode for this room.” in my browser, but the bot doesn’t get any kind of signal sent to it. No matter how long I wait.
- I again type “test123” and the bot immediately gets the PRIVMSG line logged.
I’ve sat with this problem all day, wasting hour after hour. At this point, I have no idea anymore what could possibly be wrong. It doesn’t make any sense. My bot displays anything the server sends back. It doesn’t filter out any kind of message. I’ve checked many times. I coded the thing, and everything works perfectly, including PING/PONG etc.