Twitch negotiation protocols

Hello,

I’m currently studying twitch protocols for a college research (Final career project), I use “Wireshark” to analize twitch packet data.

When I connect to a twitch streaming I can see there is negotiation ( TLSv1.2, handshake protocol…) with more or less nine different twitch server IPs. Why is this happening?
I guess me as user negotiate the stream conditions with differents twitch servers for provide me the best server according to my location and stream quality but i’m not sure, can you help me? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, I know my english is not really good, best regards.

I can’t say for sure as I haven’t looked into it, and i’m not entirely sure what your question is, but it might be that when you load a twitch stream, you are contacting many different API servers which provide the data/stats like current views, followers, chatroom (IRC server), video stream… etc. Sorry that I can’t be more help but that is my guess!

Feel free to say that I am wrong (I probably am haha).

My question is: Why does the user connect with different IP’s with the TLSv1.2 protocol (Negotiation) when I open a stream?

Well, i’m not sure about your answer, I think acording to my location and quality request twitch “links” me with a server.

Thank you! And sorry again for my poor english :slight_smile:

What you’re seeing is a load distribution and fault-tolerance method called round robin DNS.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.