Uploading Videos via API?

As i looked into ways to automate things around my hobbyist level of youtube and twitch stuff i had the bright idea to upload some videos on my hard disk to twitch, while i apparently can do that via the video manager i would thought this might prove to be a nice opportunity to test some things with the API (like pulling title/description of one of my youtube videos, downloading it and then uploading it and then inserting the same info, basically a youtube to twitch transfer (this might violate some TOS, i haven’t checked)).

So i looked into the APIs and only the deprecated v5 API offers the ability to actually upload videos but not the new helix one. Per Lifecycle the v5 API is supposed to be deprecated but not yet decommissioned.
I still can get an access token for the scope channel_editor but that matters not as when i try to access i a 410 and some snarky text that v3 isnt available anymore. A quick search in this forum revealed that Uploading Videos was a “v4” Feature that got pulled into v5.

One way or another, the described way to upload videos on twitch doesn’t work, i am an affiliated so it should not be a rights problem. Do i oversee something or is the “new” helix API just not on feature parity with the old v5 one?

Is there anyway to upload videos via a script on twitch (apart from Selenium for instance)?

Kind Regards

That suggests you did not send the v5 header

Here is the example

curl -H 'Accept: application/vnd.twitchtv.v5+json' \
-H 'Authorization: OAuth cfabdegwdoklmawdzdo98xt2fo512y' \
-H 'Client-ID: uo6dggojyb8d6soh92zknwmi5ej1q2' \
-X POST 'https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/videos?channel_id=44322889&title=Test video'

Note the Accept header of value application/vnd.twitchtv.v5+json

It’s required for Kraken in order to route from v3 to v5

1 Like

Thank you a lot, i totally did not see that despite pouring over the docs for the better half of an hour.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.