Vodcast stream types broken

Let’s face it, vodcasts have always been an after thought in the API. I really appreciate them being in there, though. IT seems the recent change to premieres and reruns from vodcasts has broken the filters in the APIs. So filtering for vodcast on helix returns an empty set, as does watch_party on kraken. Though I guess you also get an empty set for playlist on kraken, since that doesn’t exist anymore. Either way, either those filter parameters (at least for helix!) need to be updated or changed. Also, good luck with versioning there, since this is an unexpected change in formats of objects you get.

vodcast and watch_party were both replaced by rerun and premiere when they released the Video Producer suite… they just didn’t update the documentation yet

I know, what I’m saying is that the API query parameter rules were not updated for that. See for example https://api.twitch.tv/helix/streams/?type=rerun

And also, I’m kind of complaining that the values of an enum can just change one day to another, leaving your whole parsing/evaluation of the API response useless.

ah, I see what you’re saying… makes sense now… I just defaulted to thinking about response objects and not query objects

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out to us about this! We’re aware of the problem and working on a fix, but unfortunately it’s not as quick as I’d like it to be. I’ll let you all know once the vodcast param is supported once more. Thanks for your patience.

Hi there - please check out the forum post on this:

We’re going to disable filtering streams by type.

Again - thanks for your patience as we work on making the Twitch API better.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.