Weird IRC messages?

Noticed this today, not programmed in awhile so it may be a change I didn’t notice, but one channel this morning is sending bizarre messages.

{@login=destiny_destroyer1;target-msg-id=bd10ce57-1c50-42bf-9cd6-04030d1386df :tmi.twitch.tv UNKNOWN #dreamhackcs :now god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lolnow god wen he will bot allu lol}

1st problem with the above message is the user’s chat log only read “now god wen he will bot allu lol” But as you can see, the IRC log repeated the message over and over.

2nd problem are the message tags. There are only 2, when I usually get all the tags. This message only contains the login tag and the target-msg-id.tag.

Is this a bug or something new and what is it’s purpose?

This IRC string is actually part of the new /delete IRC command that just deletes that one particular message and not every message of that user

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, but what’s puzzling is, the users message was not deleted, it was only reduced down to 1 instance of the repeated text, but not entirely deleted as I saw the user’s message in chat only it had all the repetitive text removed.

hmm ok thats weird, I actually dont know if that command is fully functional on the frontend yet or whats up in your particular case. I just recognized the IRC string

I also noticed that to use the command, it requires you to know and use the target-msg-id which is not something you’re going to type.

It’s likely never designed to be a command you’d manually type into chat, but rather something that’s part of a chat UI element where by you click a message in chat and if you’re a moderator have the option to delete that message. Grabbing a target-msg-id of a message is something quite simple through a UI button or bot command.

1 Like

For future reference, it’d be a good first step to figure out what the actual command was; we’ll never send an UNKNOWN. @Syzuna is correct though, it was a CLEARMSG.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.