What can I do with Twitch Data?

Hello,

I’m a new developer on Twitch. I’ve been testing the API for several weeks but after reading the Developer Agreement I can’t get my head around it.

I’m using live viewer information to calculate the average viewers of different live streams and to be able to publish graphs of these on a website.

I have seen that many websites like “twitchtracker” does a similar job but I can’t find where this kind of data is regulated.

On the other hand, can these graphs be sold?

The only thing I have found is this:

Selling, licensing, or otherwise distributing any metadata or social content, or authorizing access to any metadata or social content, directly or indirectly (e.g., through multiple tiers of distribution), to anybody - including data about purchases that end users make on the Twitch Services.

From what I understand, this is not applicable to the type of data I collect. If it were applicable, it could not be distributed either so you could not do data science analysis or have analytics websites.

Could someone help me to clarify these doubts? I have contacted legal@twitch.tv but have not received a reply.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.