Whats the best way to get a Streamers most played game

Hello, Im trying to do a school project on twitch streamers and I want to get more information about them, notably their most streamed game, and even better if I add a date window.
The current solution I have at the moment is getting their top N clips and getting the highest based on game id, but this solution isn’t guaranteed to work 100% of the time. Is there a specific API request I can do or a better workaround solution?

It’s not possible to get historic stream data through the API. The only accurate way to track this would be to poll the API or use EventSub to monitor a streamers category when they are live.

Clips are not accurate at all as it’s limited to the 1000 most viewed, plus the number of clips is not indicative of time played.

I found the solution to be a workaround using web scrapping on a particular website that held their top games.

It’s probably a bad idea to scrape websites and potentially violate legal agreements. Especially if this is for a school project.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.