Whispers do not appear to the viewer

Hello,

my “bot” is supposed to send a certain Whisper message to the viewers when they write a command in the chat.
So far so good. Only the Whisper messages do not arrive or the Whisper Box does not appear.
But by reloading the website the messages appear from time to time.
I have tried the following methods:

• A script at StreamlabsChatbot
  • The tmi.js library

I hope one of you can help me. I just don’t know what to do.

Your bot will have a received an error message saying you can’t send the whisper.

Generally speaking whispers are not a reliable way for a bot to communicate to a user.
Generally speaking a bot can reply to a whisper, but it cannot start a whisper conversation.

You may also consider getting your bot verified which can help https://dev.twitch.tv/limit-increase but it generally will not.

Your bot will have a received an error message saying you can’t send the whisper.

I’m not getting an error message. Otherwise the reload of the website would not work either.

Generally speaking whispers are not a reliable way for a bot to communicate to a user. Generally speaking a bot can reply to a whisper, but it cannot start a whisper conversation.

This means that if the viewer would whisper the bot, for example with the command, then the viewer should also get a message?
I will test this out.

You may also consider getting your bot verified which can help Limit Increase | Twitch Developers but it generally will not.

I have already done this and my bot has been approved.

I just tested that the bot is contacted first. Unfortunately this variant does not work either.

Ah yes, I forgot to say. In StreamlabsChatBot and in the console where I use tmi.js, there I see that the message was sent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.