I am Junior Front end Developer in Korea.
I have read extension document and I have many questions.
one of them, i can not understand why - how config’s data moves to viewer page.
I tried to find sample or example code in github, but it was not. github does not have example public repository.
anyone know where i can get some reference codes?
my test extension github respository src is… thats.
Depending on what config you need to send. The easiest thing to do is to perform a http get/post after the page/extension loads to your ebs (or when the user authenticates)
Excuse berevity. Posting from mobile.
i want to throw 3~4 text type inputs and 2 select tags. (have string type value) and then i want to show these inputs value on viewer.
so, now am i have to make ebs (make a backend language like php, asp) and upload my hosting and send it to the viewer?
i made most front end pages markup and scripts, but i do not know how to proceed next.
im so sorry that my english is NOT GOOD…
i look foward to reply you soon.
Yes, you’ll have to write an EBS, host it somewhere, and then perform web requests like @BarryCarlyon mentioned. For example, here’s my setup:
- Flask script (Python) that can receive web requests, hosted on Amazon
- HTML file for frontend that contains elements that can display the received data
- JS file that contains the logic for the web requests
How it works for me (during testing):
- I open the HTML page, which triggers a JS function asking for streamer information
- The JS function makes a GET request to my EBS, the Flash script
- The Flask script receives the GET request, sees that it ask for streamer information
- Executes a function that gets the streamer information from my database, and returns that as a response to the web request.
- The JS function that was called gets the streamer information as a response
- It updates the HTML elements to show that information