Can you access the broadcaster's video stream?

Is it allowed/possible to build an extension that needs access to the broadcaster’s video stream?

Are you able to elaborate what is in your mind?

You could create a module that integrated with a broadcaster’s stream prior to ingest. There are several extensions that do this today to capture game client information. As I am not sure what your intent is, I am not sure whether this answers your question though…

I think that helps. I need to be able to capture data from the broadcaster’s stream while they are live in order to return that data to incorporate in the panel extension.

Hi I am a new Twitch developer and looking to build a image analysis on streamer’s video and find color and obj, which then apply a theme to viewer’s video overlay.
As you mentioned,

You could create a module that integrated with a broadcaster’s stream prior to ingest

Do you have any pointer? or examples? of how this can be achieved? Since others are using such a functionality, I assume this is available to public?

Thanks in advance.

Such a thing is normally done with a plugin for OBS/XSplit so it’s done real time. And not done as a Twitch Extension

Thanks very much, I think I can understand the flow now.
Basically Twitch extension has no capability access video buffer, but it is normally done at broadcaster’s machine before ingesting the stream to Twitch backend server.

Just checking my understanding is correct?

That is one valid route.

You could logically connect to the stream post injest and grab from there. But it’s easier to do it OBS/XSplit (caster) side