Client id registration unauthorized 401 errors

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but I’m using bobdev’s Free stream notifications (FSN) and I keep getting 401 unauthorized errors trying to set it up or running it. I did contact bobdev directly but he cannot reproduce my issue.

I noticed that when I perform new client id registrations that they don’t work at all, as in FSN doesn’t allow me to authenticate with it from the beginning. If I use an older one (9+ months old) FSN accepts it and authenticates but then proceeds to throw 401 errors with some functionality broken. I’m not sure where to proceed with this as I been troubleshooting this for the past 2 days. Please let me know what else I can provide to be more clear.

A 401 means that your OAuth token is wrong. It is either missing a scope that his software needs or isn’t put in properly. Generating an OAuth token should be handled by BobDev’s software though, so I can’t provide support on that. Hopefully the 401 explanation helps you get on track! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way I can test some of this manually?

I can’t help you with the BobDev software. You’ll have to contact their support channel for help. The Client-ID would not cause a 401 at all. It is simply an identifier. An incorrect OAuth token would cause a 401 though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.