Extension monetization only for streamer?

Hello,

I am creating a large non profit mod for a game with a bunch of online features with my own server.
I also wanted to include bits rewards as a neat little feature but I just read that the profits are shared between the extension developer and the streamer.

I was wondering if I’m missing something and maybe there’s some way to opt out of that and let the streamer keep all of the profits ?

The issue is that I would like to be able to handle bit redeems with different products which have the same prices and the whole product catalog thing would be an easy way to support it but I don’t want to deal with taxes etc (got a single income and I want to keep it that way). Otherwise I’ll need to build a custom system around people redeeming bits normally.

Thanks in advance.

There are no other monetization options other than an 80/20 split to the broadcaster/developer for Extension transactions.

It’s an unfortunate situation, and one of the reasons again why other options such as 100% to the broadcaster have been to prevent a race to the bottom by Extensions that have other revenue sources and it becoming expected that Extensions should be ‘free’.

1 Like

Thank you. Then I will simply handle it via pub sub bits redeem event and setting up the rewards inside of the desktop app and then uploading the config to the server which could then be grabbed and displayed in the extension. People would then simply send bits via chat with the exact amounts needed to trigger different rewards.