How to send a custom alert

Hi ,
I’m working on a panel extension. In this extension when a viewer click the button and use bits, it’s send a chat message to that channel for notification from my EBS.
But i also want to send a custom alert on screen like new follower or sub alert without using 3rd party services like streamlabs,streamelements etc.

I want to do it from my extension or my EBS directly to twitch with custom html/css/images. I prefer to use latest API ( Helix ). It doesnt write anything about it in extension documents. Also i didnt see anything about alerts at new api section. I read lots of comments , github examples, etc. I have confused too much.

Is there any api for send alerts on twitch. if there is what is the exactly link or is there any other way to do that. How can i send custom alerts directly to screen on any action briefly?

Thanks.

if this is a panel extension then you are looking at creating a “Browser Source” then you can send what you want to it.

You will need to design and build this yourself and determine how to communicate with it.

Then provide instructions to streamers on how to utilize your browser source/add it to their streaming software

Twitch won’t do it for you which is why it’s not touched on in the docs

Thanks for information. I build a socket server for broadcasters and sending data to socket server from my EBS. It’s working for now.

I improved my extension and created two different types which are panel and video-overlay, but I will have to make some different settings on config page.

I have only one config page and I couldn’t find how to pull which type of extension is active for that broadcaster.

There is a Anchor type at “Client Query Parameters”. It should help to me but i couldnt find how to get that information. I didnt find it in “twitch helper” parameters or any callbacks.

How can i get anchor type at config panel ?

Any kind of token, scopes optional

const urlParams = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search);
const anchor = 'anchor_' + urlParams.get('anchor');

Is what I do to grab the anchor from the URL/query string