Inconsistent Users Endpoint Behavior (Helix API)

I was performing some some tests on my new library for the Helix API, and I noticed some unusual behavior with the users endpoint.

Requesting Users by Login

When getting users by their login, there are times where supplying an invalid login will either result in that login being ignored, or will invalidate the entire request all together. From my testing this depends on not only the characters in the login, but also the placement.

This request shows a login with invalid characters, and is just ignored in the response. The response still contains user objects from all valid logins:

Request

Response

And then there’s this request shows the same request, but with an extra hyphen in the front. However, the entire request is invalidated and I don’t get any user objects even for the valid logins:

Request

Response

Requesting Users by ID

A similar thing happens when requesting users by id, except even when an invalid id is provided with all legal characters, the entire response is still blank:

Request

Response

And then requesting by ID also exhibits the same behavior when providing invalid characters like with logins.

1 Like

Hey! Helix Dev here. Thanks so much for reporting this, and with such fantastic detail :slight_smile: I’m going to look into this and get back to you.

2 Likes

Forgot to circle back, hopefully you should see this issue resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, everything works as expected now. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.