Looking for a list of geo servers

I suppose all the *.ts video stream parts are sent to all the hls.twitch servers at once, to be available anywhere.
I need a list of all the twitch video servers. Is there any way to obtain them through the API?

So far I have found these:

ams01.hls.twitch.tv
arn01.hls.twitch.tv
cdg01.hls.twitch.tv
dfw01.hls.twitch.tv
fra01.hls.twitch.tv
iad02.hls.twitch.tv
jfk01.hls.twitch.tv
lax01.hls.twitch.tv
lhr02.hls.twitch.tv
prg01.hls.twitch.tv
sfo01.hls.twitch.tv
mia01.hls.twitch.tv
ak.hls.ttvnw.net
twitch2-live.hls.adaptive.level3.net
edgecast.hls.ttvnw.net
sjc01.hls.ttvnw.net
sea01.hls.ttvnw.net
ord02.hls.ttvnw.net

I need them for an extension.

Hi,

We do not make video server hostnames available through any public APIs. They are subject to change, and are not meant to be used in 3rd party programs.

We have found in many cases that browser addons that attempt to use or alter server paths often lead to lower quality of service or ultimately no service if/when our network changes.We of course would be interested to know about developers such as yourself would use this kind of data :smile:

Yes, of course. It would be great to have a list of video server hostnames available through public or authenticated (dev-only-like) API. Being able to switch a video server during the stream would help people with buffering issues (due to their ISP routing or any reasons).

Thank you for the response.

Yes this would be a great solution and something worth coding for <3
It could also lead to spreading loads/latency maybe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.