Not receiving 001

Hello,

I am trying to write a twitch chat bot using Haskell and I ran into a problem - after connecting to irc.chat.twitch.tv on port 6667 and sending my oauth token and my nick, I do not get any data back from the server (I was expecting the 001, 002 etc…).

I do not think it is a firewall issue since I am able to connect and talk to freenode on the same port.

Any ides what this issue could be?

Here is the data I send to the server:

PASS oauth:blablabla\r\n
NICK zceejkr\r\n

That means nothing. Freenode is a known IRC network that your ISP/provided may have whitelisted

Read all the responses from the server and see what you are or ware not getting

That means nothing. Freenode is a known IRC network that your ISP/provided may have whitelisted

I also tried running the bot while connected to a VPN, still the same problem. Although is it possible twitch is blocking connections coming from VPNs?

Read all the responses from the server and see what you are or ware not getting

I might be handling the connection incorrectly (this is my first attempt at a real application in Haskell), but it looks to me like absolutely no data is being sent to me. The same bot can join a freenode channel just fine though.

Your VPN provider might be

It’s also worth noting that Twitch is merely IRC compatible.

You could also try connecting to a SSL or non SSL port to see if thats the issue. Either that or you’ve got something bizarre going on and your can’t route to Twitch chat from your location. Even via VPN.

I have tried using a different language and now it works fine. So I guess I messed up somewhere.
@BarryCarlyon thank you for the help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.