[Resolved] Unannounced change to IRC fucking things up

It would be nice to get some heads up when tags change on IRC. Today the “user-type” tag no longer gives the “mod” value on message, which it used to do as of an hour ago.

If this had happened while I was at TwitchCon it would have been a disaster, as to fix this I had to be at my dev environment to edit, compile, and push a new version of my bot.

Looks more like it’s just “broken”

{"tags":{"badges":[["moderator","1"],["subscriber","1"],["turbo","1"]],"color":"#1D7C00","display_name":"BarryCarlyon","emotes":true,"id":"e48c19c8-ace4-437e-b20a-812dce6dde5a","mod":"1","room_id":"26610234","sent_ts":"1474938814037","subscriber":"1","tmi_sent_ts":"1474938814109","user_id":"15185913","user_type":true},"prefix":"barrycarlyon!barrycarlyon@barrycarlyon.tmi.twitch.tv","nick":"barrycarlyon","user":"barrycarlyon","host":"barrycarlyon.tmi.twitch.tv","command":"PRIVMSG","rawCommand":"PRIVMSG","commandType":"normal","args":["#cohhcarnage","hmmm"]

~it’s not retuning my sub status either~ Derp I checked the docs it’s not supposed to have sub status here. I think it’s just broken rather than changed either way…

I agree that something may be broken as I no longer receive the ‘;turbo=X’ tag and I am also seeing the same thing regarding ‘user-type’ tag not showing mod.

Either way, hopefully this will be resolved soon.

@badges=broadcaster/1;color=#5500FF;display-name=Larklen;emotes=;id=9d6704b5-c176-4a9f-9daa-e299820230fb;mod=0;room-id=28104784;sent-ts=1474939450338;subscriber=0;tmi-sent-ts=1474939448094;user-id=28104784;user-type= :larklen!larklen@larklen.tmi.twitch.tv PRIVMSG #larklen :test"

I’m asking the chat team about this. Could be a bug that was accidentally deployed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Yup, I’m crippled. If we could undo this and allow us time to prepare if it was intended please.

Looks fixed here

{~SNIP~“user_type”:“mod”},~SNIP~"]}

Same. Appears to be working again.

Should be fixed. I’m following up with the team to see if this was intended or not.

4 Likes

yeah right as I finished shoddily fixing my bot it went back to the user-type … lol

Thanks for the quick resolution, it is much appreciated!

Give likes where due, boys. Thanks @DallasNChains

Confirmed that this was a :bug:. Apologies for scaring you just before TwitchCon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The turbo tag still seems to be missing from USERSTATE.

Phew! That was a legit scare D:

And sorry about the pissyness, my status alerts were blaring left and right at 02:00 AM due to this :bug:

Turbo tag has mysteriously disappeared from ‘GLOBALUSERSTATE’ and ‘USERSTATE’ (From what I found, could be missing from others more)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.