Unable to create Access Token

I am attempting to follow the directions I am finding both here and elsewhere in generating an Access Token for Nightbot Chat. I have obtained my Client ID and my Client Secret, but pasting them into the pre-determined script, I do not get the results I am expected to get:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl -X POST “https://api.nightbot.tv/oauth2/token” -d “client_id=11111111111111111111111111111111&client_secret=1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111&grant_type=client_credentials&scope=channel_send”
{“error”:“invalid_client”,“error_description”:“Invalid client: client is invalid”}

I’m running my command prompt as an Admin. Not sure that really makes a difference, but otherwise, this command is a direct copy/paste of what I should be adding into CMD. Please help. What is wrong here? (yes, those client_id and client_secrets are spoofed for this post)

For support with nighbot please reach out to nightbot.

This if for help with Twitch, not for help with nightbot

Basically we don’t know anything about nightbot’s API

The process of using Twitch’s Client ID and Client Secret is not specific to Nightbot. The very search of “client_id” in these forums here pulls up a multitude of matches, just not one that matches my exact question. I have not yet gotten to the point where I work within Nightbot at all because I cannot generate my TWITCH access token.

You shouldn’t be using your Twitch ClientID/secret with nightbot’s API and if thats what you are doing that is likely the issue.

You’ve used the wrong security credentials, as Twitch ClientID/secret is only valid for the Twitch API, and won’t be valid for Nightbot’s API, as per their documentation which I’m not familar with.